When a marketer gets a request for developing a presentation, this is what he/she should be asking. You can treat this as a briefing questionnaire prior to the start of the development.
- What is the objective of the PPT?
- Why is it needed and whats the benefit?
- Who are the intended audience for the presentation?
- What are their designation?
- Which departments do they manage and what are their locations?
- How will it be used – is it for public use or is it for a specific confined audience?
- Will this be presented in a conference/published online/presented to leads or prospects or customers or some other audience?
- How much time do you have for the presentation?
- What is the format of the presentation – will it include a question and answer session or any specific introductions/agenda that needs to be included?
- Is there any legal compliance surrounding the development?
- Logos to be used in the PPT? Have they been approved or is it available public?
- Quotes to be used and its approval?
- Mentions of projects/ customers/ any other facts that needs review and approval
- Attachments that needs to be inserted and relevant approval on it
- Any other assets that needs explicit approval?
- Is the presentation solely developed in-house and will only represent your brand / one or multiple brands belonging to same group/ will it be a joint effort with some company or speaker from other company?
- Has the narrative draft been prepared?
- Who is responsible for giving the raw content?
- Names of the subject matter experts who will give the content?
- What are the design consideration?
- Any preferences on formats/ animations/ color usage/ typography and so on?
- Does it needs to be presented or will it be supported by background narrative which will be timed?
- Who will be driving the development of the PPT – process owner/coordinator?
- Who will review the content, including the logos and other legal assets used?
- Who will approve the design?
- Who will approve the entire PPT?
- Who are the contacts to be kept in loop at each process?
- Is there any notes/script that needs to be prepared along with the PPT?
- Any handouts to be given? Any other collateral to be given and in which format (soft copy/hard copy)?
Distribution/ Communication/ Social
- Post development circulation of the deck – in case the PPT needs to be circulated to teams or kept in a central location with limited or public access – this needs to be clarified
- Who are to be communicated and given what kind of access to the deck?
- Central location where the asset is stored – for authorized marketers to pick up and edit in the future if need be?
- On which social channels should it be distributed?
- Should there be a mail communication around the completion of the deck – if yes, then to whom?
- If the deck (non-editable version of the deck) needs to be embedded in a mail campaign or the portion of the content needs to be used in a campaign – it needs to clarified and relevant team needs to be kept in loop for the same.